Welcome to Nativity of the Lord
LENTEN VESPERS SERVICE
Fridays, (February 19-March 26) Bethlehem Cave. Vespers lasts approximately 20 minutes. All materials provided.
Jesus spent 40 days in prayer and fasting to prepare for his ministry. In imitation of him, we observe the 40 day days of Lent, preparing ourselves to be better persons.
Here are some ways to make Lent a season of grace and goodness:
· Attend Mass daily
· Make the Stations of the Cross. Each Friday from February 20 to March 20, they are prayed in our church at 7:00PM.
On March 27, at 7:30PM our youth will present the Living Stations of the Cross.
· Attend the Parish Lenten Mission, given by Deacon Dennis, March 22, 23, and 24 at 7:00PM.
· Participate in the Annual Eucharistic Devotion March 23 and 24 by picking a time for adoration.
· Observe Lenten fast and abstinence. Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are fast days; each Friday of Lent is a day of abstinence from meat.
· Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (sometimes called Confession.) Saturdays: 3:00-4:00PM;
the Cluster Penance Service will be in our Church March 26 at 7:00PM.
· Participate in Generations of Faith, February 25 and March 26 at 5:45PM.
· Use Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl program, Cardboard rice bowls (easy to assemble) are in the Narthex and have instructions on them.
· Meditate on the daily Mass scripture lessons, listed in our bulletin each week.
· Pick up a copy of the Word Among Us, containing daily Lenten devotions. They are free and can be found in the Narthex.
· There are many other spiritual exercises you can do to help you grow in love of God and neighbor.
OUR PARISH LENTEN MISSION
Our Parish Lenten Mission will be February 22nd, 23rd & 24th (Sun, Mon & Tue) evenings at 7:00PM.
Deacon Dennis will present on Saint Paul and the Theological Virtues of Faith, Hope & Love.
Tuesday's presentation will follow the usual 7:00PM Mass (which will be held in the church, not the Bethlehem Cave).
Each evening will have an opportunity for private prayer for their loved ones. This Mission will coincide with our annual Eucharistic Devotion.
Sign up sheet in Narthex for Eucharistic Devotion. Monday and Tuesday 8:30AM to 6:00PM.
Lights! Camera! Resurrection! Calling all youth 1st communion age to high school! We are casting for Living Stations! No speaking roles for actors!
Cast members needed are: Jesus, Mary, Veronica, Soldiers, Simon, Weeping Women, St. John, Maid Servant, and Pontius Pilate, as well as reader(s) for the devotion.
Come and immerse yourself in this story to help prepare the congregation for the Resurrection.
If interested email Katie Grismer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Melina Lushbaugh at email@example.com.
If you have a part you want to play please include it in the email. For practice schedule please see inserted flyer. See you all soon!
Baptismal Preparation will take place on Sunday, March 1 at 12:00PM. Please join us if you have a first child to present in Baptism or
if you are expecting your first child. Contact Ada if you need more infor-mation. firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parish office.
National Catholic Register
On Christmas Eve, The National Catholic Register published a beautiful article about our parish. You can find this by going to
THE AKRON BEACON JOURNAL offers a vote for your favorites, with a deadline of January 31. Please consider, in the museum category,
of voting for our Bethlehem Chapel and Nativity Museum. You can do this at: beaconsbest.ohio.com
IMPORTANT PLN (PARISH LIFE NIGHT) NEWS FOR EVERYONE!
Get started BEFORE school papers begin piling up! Register your
child age 3 through high school for Parish Life Night (Religious
Education). There will be sessions for adults on the Generations of
Faith evenings which will include a meal and sessions for children.
All information available under Religious
Have a topic you would like discussed at adult sessions
of Generations of Faith? Please call the parish office
with your idea or email your idea to nativityfaithformation@
Interested in becoming Catholic?
Adult Inquiry Classes are every Wednesday at 6:30PM in the west classroom down the corridor at the back of the church. For further information see Deacon Bob or any of the clergy.
Please feel free to just come and see!
Please consider joining the parish's electronic giving
program, Faith Direct. Our "to-do" lists get lengthy at times
but Faith Direct's E-Giving will give you one less thing to
remember each week -- no more envelopes to find or checks to write
before you go to Mass. Enroll to day at Faith Direct
using our church code OH380.
We welcome any comments, suggestions, enhancments, or upgrades. Please e-mail the Website Administrator at
email@example.com Any group from Nativity that would like to update thier information and add information should
also contact the Website Administrator.
Also check out the Ask functions to send Questions and/or Suggestions.